Veneers are a great solution for many people who are unhappy with their smiles and want a permanent improvement. These thin porcelain shells are bonded to the surface of teeth to make the smile more appealing. You and your dentist can choose the shade you prefer, and a minimal amount of preparation is required before attaching the veneers.
Many kinds of problems disappear with dental veneers. Some of the common reasons that people choose veneers include:
- tooth discoloration or staining
- crooked teeth
- worn teeth
- too much gums visible
- uneven teeth
- misshapen teeth
- bite problems
- overly sensitive teeth
No matter what flaws you might be getting dental veneers to hide, these restorations offer a number of advantages:
- Your real teeth may look unhealthy and damaged, but covering them with veneers gives them a healthy glow of a well-cared-for smile.
- Veneers look very natural, because the porcelain material is translucent and offers a glassy appearance.
- Porcelain resists stains so your smile will stay as white and bright as the day you got the veneers.
- Veneers last anywhere from ten years to a lifetime, depending on the quality of the application and your proper maintenance of them afterwards.
- There is no special care required other than your usual brushing and flossing routine.
- Veneers can increase your self-esteem, since you can feel confident that your smile is the best it’s ever been.
Do not let another day go by without taking care of your dental needs. Request an appointment now at our Hagerstown dental office!